Friday, May 13, 2011

One step forward and two steps back.

No I am not singing. That is just the way Wicket has decided to take to his obedience training. Last night we took him and the kids for a long walk in the rain ( it was warm) and he loved splashing in the puddles, rolling in the mud and chasing the geese. He was so happy, he was hopping with excitement. I decided that since he usually stays as close to me as possible to let go of his leash. For the first 30 minutes he was very good and came when I called. Then out of nowhere his ears perked up and he was gone. In the distance I see a truck passing by then nothing, nothing, nothing ,and then my 10 lb Shih Tzu was running as fast as his little legs could take him after the truck. My husband and I immediately took off after him. Suddenly we saw him stop and start looking around, obviously confused. Every time we would yell he would spin looking for us wagging his tail. When my husband finally got to him he ran to him whining hysterically. Obviously his recall is not there yet and no more off leash runs that are not in a fenced in area.
Wicket did however sleep in his crate for the first time without crying. Whoopee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment